Transfers: Javi Martínez set to leave Bayern in the summer
So far this campaign, the midfielder's performances have been called into question and his contract is unlikely to be renewed.
Javi Martínez' days at Bayern Munich could be numbered, according to a report in Sport Bild on Wednesday.
Performances this season
The Spanish midfielder's performances have not been up to the desired standard this campaign and he is unlikely to stay at the club beyond his current contract, which expires in 2021. The former Athletic Club midfielder is set to leave with Corentin Tolisso in order to generate enough funds to buy Bayern target Kai Havertz, on whom Leverkusen have placed a €100m price tag.
This season is proving to be a difficult one for Javi Martínez, not least because he is currently injured after picking up a muscle injury in December. Martínez has been at the Bundesliga club since 2012, winning the Champions League in 2013. In November he went back to visit Los Leones and the Basque club will be keen to see what happens in the summer with the possibility of bringing back one of their homegrown talents.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Ronaldo scores in his 1,000th game
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Quique Setién: "Messi is a guarantee for any coach"
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Braithwaite after Barcelona debut: "I won't wash my clothes after hugging Messi"
- Bundesliga Paderborn confirm death of 14-month-old girl at Bayern game
- BARCELONA 5 - 0 EIBAR Real Madrid badge spotted on scoreboard at the Camp Nou
- Levante v Real Madrid Hazard off injured during Levante-Real Madrid with Clásico next week