Transfers: Javi Martínez set to leave Bayern in the summer
So far this campaign, the midfielder's performances have been called into question and his contract is unlikely to be renewed.
Javi Martínez' days at Bayern Munich could be numbered, according to a report in Sport Bild on Wednesday.
Performances this season
The Spanish midfielder's performances have not been up to the desired standard this campaign and he is unlikely to stay at the club beyond his current contract, which expires in 2021. The former Athletic Club midfielder is set to leave with Corentin Tolisso in order to generate enough funds to buy Bayern target Kai Havertz, on whom Leverkusen have placed a €100m price tag.
This season is proving to be a difficult one for Javi Martínez, not least because he is currently injured after picking up a muscle injury in December. Martínez has been at the Bundesliga club since 2012, winning the Champions League in 2013. In November he went back to visit Los Leones and the Basque club will be keen to see what happens in the summer with the possibility of bringing back one of their homegrown talents.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: WHO approves Sinopharm | Efficacy, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- ENTERTAINMENT Jupiter's Legacy cast: who is who in the Netflix series?
- MOTHER'S DAY 2021 Do florists deliver flowers on Mother’s Day? What are the most common flowers?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES Sinopharm vaccine: efficacy, dose, stock and differences with Pfizer, Sinovac, Moderna, Janssen...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS When will SSI recipients receive the Golden State Stimulus?