Hakim Ziyech: Chelsea agree deal for Ajax star
According to Dutch paper De Telegraaf, a deal of 45 million has been agreed for the player heavily linked with Real Madrid.
Chelsea have an agreement to sign Ajax star Hakim Ziyech, with the move to take place at the end of this season.
Ziyech a step closer to Chelsea
The report was published by Dutch news outlet De Telegraaf on Wednesday and states that an 'oral agreement' has been reached by both clubs for around 45 million euros.
Manager Frank Lampard had wanted to do business with last season's Champions League semi-finalist during the January transfer window for the former Moroccan player of the year, but that proved to be impossible. For this reason, fans of the Blues will have to wait until next season before they see their new star, with hopes that they can secure a top four finish without him.
Ziyech's ambitions for the rest of this campaign are to help his Amsterdam side become Dutch champions in both the league and the cup, and hopefully end the season by lifting the Europa League.
It is worth noting that the agreement made is reported as not being binding and that the door is still open to other clubs, something Real Madrid will be aware of. Although only Chelsea have moved the dial on the signing, no contract has been signed. Failing to reach the Champions League spot may have a bearing on how this plays out.
Te recomendamos en English
- Liga MX FMF could disaffiliate Cruz Azul due to the Treasury investigation
- CORONAVIRUS USA New York state reopening: which regions are passing to phase 2?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- CORONAVIRUS New York state reopening: Gov Cuomo explains when and how
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- Coronavirus What to do if your stimulus check was sent to the wrong address?