Hakim Ziyech: Chelsea agree deal for Ajax star
According to Dutch paper De Telegraaf, a deal of 45 million has been agreed for the player heavily linked with Real Madrid.
Chelsea have an agreement to sign Ajax star Hakim Ziyech, with the move to take place at the end of this season.
Ziyech a step closer to Chelsea
The report was published by Dutch news outlet De Telegraaf on Wednesday and states that an 'oral agreement' has been reached by both clubs for around 45 million euros.
Manager Frank Lampard had wanted to do business with last season's Champions League semi-finalist during the January transfer window for the former Moroccan player of the year, but that proved to be impossible. For this reason, fans of the Blues will have to wait until next season before they see their new star, with hopes that they can secure a top four finish without him.
Ziyech's ambitions for the rest of this campaign are to help his Amsterdam side become Dutch champions in both the league and the cup, and hopefully end the season by lifting the Europa League.
It is worth noting that the agreement made is reported as not being binding and that the door is still open to other clubs, something Real Madrid will be aware of. Although only Chelsea have moved the dial on the signing, no contract has been signed. Failing to reach the Champions League spot may have a bearing on how this plays out.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Ronaldo scores in his 1,000th game
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Quique Setién: "Messi is a guarantee for any coach"
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Braithwaite after Barcelona debut: "I won't wash my clothes after hugging Messi"
- Bundesliga Paderborn confirm death of 14-month-old girl at Bayern game
- BARCELONA 5 - 0 EIBAR Real Madrid badge spotted on scoreboard at the Camp Nou
- Levante v Real Madrid Hazard off injured during Levante-Real Madrid with Clásico next week