Barcelona: "Willian Jose? If they pay the €70m then fine"
Real Sociedad boss Imanol spoke about his striker's possible move to Barcelona. "He’s our player and he wants to continue to be our player."
Real Sociedad manager Imanol Alguacil discussed striker and Barcelona target Willian José during his press conference ahead of the Copa del Rey semi-final against Mirandés on Thursday and with an air of irritation that it is hardly what he needs to be focusing on the day before such an important game.
“If they put the 70 million euros on the table then fine, there’s nothing left to say,” Imanol told reporters in reference to the Brazilian striker’s buy-out clause. “The whole thing about Willian José is starting to get a bit much. He’s our player and he wants to continue to be our player. I don’t know how long for but as far as I understand it he’ll be with us until the end of the season.”
Barça's striker search drags on
Barcelona are combing the market for a striker due to long-term injuries to Luis Suárez and Ousmane Dembélé but have yet to formalize a bid despite reportedly eyeing several Liga player including Willian José, Alavés’ Lucas Pérez, Betis Forward Loren and the Uruguyan’s namesake, Luis Suárez of Zaragoza.
However, as Imanol pointed out, rumours surrounding the Brazilian have been rumbling on for “a month and a half now” without anything concrete materializing, with the Sociedad boss’ patience evidently running out as his side chase Copa del Rey glory and the Champions League places with La Real currently sixth and two points off Atlético in fourth.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Has Aaron Rodgers won a Super Bowl?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS Can I qualify for Biden's American Rescue Plan if I have already received the stimulus check?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool vs Man United: How and where to watch - times, tv, online
- US NEWS $2000 stimulus check updates today: Biden $1,400 third payment, who is eligible, dates | Live
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...