Barcelona: "Willian Jose? If they pay the €70m then fine"
Real Sociedad boss Imanol spoke about his striker's possible move to Barcelona. "He’s our player and he wants to continue to be our player."
Real Sociedad manager Imanol Alguacil discussed striker and Barcelona target Willian José during his press conference ahead of the Copa del Rey semi-final against Mirandés on Thursday and with an air of irritation that it is hardly what he needs to be focusing on the day before such an important game.
“If they put the 70 million euros on the table then fine, there’s nothing left to say,” Imanol told reporters in reference to the Brazilian striker’s buy-out clause. “The whole thing about Willian José is starting to get a bit much. He’s our player and he wants to continue to be our player. I don’t know how long for but as far as I understand it he’ll be with us until the end of the season.”
Barça's striker search drags on
Barcelona are combing the market for a striker due to long-term injuries to Luis Suárez and Ousmane Dembélé but have yet to formalize a bid despite reportedly eyeing several Liga player including Willian José, Alavés’ Lucas Pérez, Betis Forward Loren and the Uruguyan’s namesake, Luis Suárez of Zaragoza.
However, as Imanol pointed out, rumours surrounding the Brazilian have been rumbling on for “a month and a half now” without anything concrete materializing, with the Sociedad boss’ patience evidently running out as his side chase Copa del Rey glory and the Champions League places with La Real currently sixth and two points off Atlético in fourth.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Ronaldo scores in his 1,000th game
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Quique Setién: "Messi is a guarantee for any coach"
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Braithwaite after Barcelona debut: "I won't wash my clothes after hugging Messi"
- Bundesliga Paderborn confirm death of 14-month-old girl at Bayern game
- BARCELONA 5 - 0 EIBAR Real Madrid badge spotted on scoreboard at the Camp Nou
- Levante v Real Madrid Hazard off injured during Levante-Real Madrid with Clásico next week