Hazard could return for Celta Vigo game
The Belgian has been out for a couple of months with an ankle injury but could make his long-awaited return against Celta Vigo in LaLiga on Sunday.
Eden Hazard completed training on Wednesday with Real Madrid and that is his 8th completed session as he eyes a return to the squad for the Celta Vigo game on Sunday. The Belgian was injured on 26 November during the Madrid vs PSG game when Meunier, his compatriot, fouled him. He has been out since.
The return to the field came after a number of gym sessions. Zidane's session consisted of exercises that focused on possession and pressure, tactics, small-sided games and other technical work.
Zidane taking it slowly with Hazard's return
Zidane has been taking the slowest, safest option with Hazard after a complicated injury. He is aware that a setback could leave him out for another long spell and he is unwilling to take that risk. For that reason, Hazard was left out of the Copa game against Real Sociedad and the Osasuna game in LaLiga. The big objective is Manchester City on 26 February, three months exactly after the Meunier kick.
James Rodríguez remained apart from the group. Marco Asensio also continues to recover from his cruciate knee injury and Mariano did not appear on the field either during Wednesday's session.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Ronaldo scores in his 1,000th game
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Quique Setién: "Messi is a guarantee for any coach"
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Braithwaite after Barcelona debut: "I won't wash my clothes after hugging Messi"
- Bundesliga Paderborn confirm death of 14-month-old girl at Bayern game
- BARCELONA 5 - 0 EIBAR Real Madrid badge spotted on scoreboard at the Camp Nou
- Levante v Real Madrid Hazard off injured during Levante-Real Madrid with Clásico next week