Ángel: "Barcelona interest just rumours"
Barcelona are linked with the signing of a striker and the Getafe man is one of the names on their list but he says he will remain calm until something happens.
Ángel Rodríguez, Getafe striker and rumoured Barcelona target, said he is just remaining calm amidst interest from the club. The 32-year-old says "they are just rumours" when asked about a potential move.
After Luis Suárez' injury, Barcelona went in search of a number nine to improve their squad. When that number nine could not be found, they decided against signing a striker. Then Ousmane Dembele suffered a season-ending injury and Barcelona were left even shorter. It has forced them to seek a replacement.
Angel has scored 13 goals this season and in his two and a half seasons with Getafe, he has bagged 39 in total. Along with Willian Jose, Loren Moron and others, the Getafe striker has been linked with an emergency move to the Camp Nou.
"All I know is what has come out in the press," he said. "There's nothing at the moment. I'm calm and focused on Getafe. I am giving everything for this club and in principle, there's nothing."
"When the news is about a club as big as Barcelona, the reprecussions are bigger," he continued. "But they're only rumours for now so I'm calm."
Barcelona play Getafe at the weekend and it might be a chance for his potential new employers to have a closer look at him.
"We play against one of the best teams in the world, and in their stadium on top of that. It will be very difficult, but we have to continue at this level to get the three points," he said.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Getafe: how and where to watch LaLiga - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: Manchester City vs Liverpool preview
- Bundesliga Rummenigge: Timing has never been right for Bayern to target Klopp
- CSL Delayed Chinese Super League season to kick off on July 25
- LALIGA Atlético boss Simeone speechless after Griezmann's brief Barça cameo
- Ligue 1 Rennes won't accept €80m from Madrid for Camavinga – Maurice