Liverpool: Salah agent responds to latest Egypt Olympics talk
Egypt remain keen to take Mohamed Salah to the Olympics in Tokyo but no decision has yet been made about the Liverpool man's inclusion.
Mohamed Salah's agent has reiterated no decision has been taken on whether the Liverpool star will represent Egypt at the Olympic Games in Tokyo.
Egypt boss Gharib keen to take Salah to Olympics
Egypt Under-23 boss Shawky Gharib confirmed his intention to select Salah as one of three overage players for the football tournament at the Games, though he did concede he has not yet held talks with the player himself.
Speaking last month, Reds boss Jürgen Klopp said "it would not be too cool" if Salah were travel to Japan and that the call had yet to be made.
That was a message emphasised again by Salah's agent Ramy Abbas Issa on social media, who quote tweeted a report saying the 27-year-old would be selected with the message: "No decision has been made yet."
Tokyo 2020 men's final coincides with Premier League opening day
If Salah were to represent Egypt it would leave Liverpool without their key forward for pre-season and perhaps some of the beginning of the Premier League campaign.
The gold medal match is scheduled to take place on 8 August, the same day as the start of the top-flight season in England.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL How do NFL players get paid? per game or per week?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 stimulus check in California: who qualifies and how to track
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax deadline, stimulus calculator | Live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: Will you get a $1,400 payment, and when?
- Entertainment CoD Black Ops & Warzone Season 2 new content: map, weapon, outbreak
- LOTTERY How much do you get if you have 1, 2 or 3 Powerball numbers?