Barça see salary cap reduction ahead of new striker signing
The Catalan side have a salary cap of 656 million euros with Real Madrid boasting the second highest limit in LaLiga with 641 million euros.
LaLiga have confirmed the latest salary caps for each of their member clubs after the recent closure of the January 2020 transfer window. Barcelona have a limit of €656 million which marks a reduction of €15 million from their September 2019 limit with the Catalan side now having to sign a replacement striker with Ousmane Dembélé ruled out for six months after surgery.
The figures indicate the maximum amount that each of the 20 La Liga clubs can spend during the season, including spending on first-team players, coaching staff, reserve and youth system.
La Liga introduced the salary cap back in 2013 and the concepts included by the governing body in squad spending limits are fixed and variable wages, social security contributions, player bonuses, new acquisition costs (including commissions for agents) and amortisations (player transfer fees allocated annually based on the number of years that the player is under contract). The figures are off-set against club income levels via television, marketing, match-day revenue ....
LaLiga Salary Caps (as of Feb. 2020)
|Feb. 2020||Sept. 2019||Difference|
|*Sums expressed in millions of euro.
Status quo for Zidane's side
Real Madrid maintain their September limit of €641M with Atlético third with a cap of €348M. Newly promoted Mallorca prop up the table with the Balearic island club having a limit of €33.533M.
Relegation threatened Espanyol are the LaLiga club to undergo the most dramatic uplift, with a new cap of €86.4M from September's 68.73.
Te recomendamos en English
- CRISTIANO RONALDO Khabib reveals Ronaldo's biggest fear for Cristiano Jr.
- NEW MOVIE RELEASES Space Jam 2: release date, trailer, images, cast, plot
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax Return: can I get interest if my refund comes late?
- Coronavirus Blood type might affect covid-19 infection: how and what types?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks $1,400 third stimulus check: how many people will lose out under new income limit?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS What is a Head of Household and how does it affect the size of stimulus checks?