João Félix out for Valencia, Morata returns as Liverpool loom
The Portuguese striker remains a doubt for Tuesday but there is good news for Simeone as Álvaro Morata is back in full training and will play at Mestalla.
Álvaro Morata is back in the Atlético Madrid squad for Friday night's LaLiga clash at Mestalla (21:00 CET start). The striker was substituted during the Madrid derby and played no role in the 1-0 win over Granada last weekend but has resumed to full training with the rest of the Atleti squad.
In his pre-match press conference Diego Pablo Simeone confirmed that the striker would be fit for the Valencia game but failed to confirm if the Spain international would start or get match action from the bench.
This is Atletico's last game ahead of Tuesday's Round of 16 Champions League clash against holders Liverpool at the Wanda Metropolitano. The Atlético squad has been badly hit in recent weeks with injury with the likes of Trippier, Herrera, João Félix and Diego Costa all set to miss the Mestalla clash although the Spanish international striker targeting a Tuesday return following a hernia operation in November of last year.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Ronaldo scores in his 1,000th game
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Quique Setién: "Messi is a guarantee for any coach"
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Braithwaite after Barcelona debut: "I won't wash my clothes after hugging Messi"
- Bundesliga Paderborn confirm death of 14-month-old girl at Bayern game
- BARCELONA 5 - 0 EIBAR Real Madrid badge spotted on scoreboard at the Camp Nou
- Levante v Real Madrid Hazard off injured during Levante-Real Madrid with Clásico next week