Real Madrid: Bale trains with bandaged right hand
Real Madrid's Gareth Bale was sporting bandaging on his hand after suffering an apparent finger sprain, but was able to train as normal.
Gareth Bale trained with a bandaged right hand on Thursday after suffering an apparent sprain in his little finger, but the Welshman is expected to be available for Real Madrid this weekend.
Sprain not expected to rule Bale out of Celta Vigo clash
The club have confirmed to AS that Bale was able to train as normal at Valdebebas, so the issue seems unlikely to rule him out of Sunday's LaLiga clash with Celta Vigo (21:00 CET) - unless Zinedine Zidane decides not to take any risks.
In his time as Madrid head coach, Zidane has gained a reputation for being reluctant to take any chances with players carrying knocks or returning from injury, most recently adopting a safety-first approach to Eden Hazard's comeback from a fractured ankle.
Benzema able to play on after breaking little finger
However, Bale's club-mate Karim Benzema has been able to play on with strapping on his hand for just over a year, having broken his little finger in Los Blancos' LaLiga victory at Real Betis in January 2019.
Bale, 30, featured for Real Madrid for the first time in five games when he started last weekend's 4-1 LaLiga win at Osasuna, in what was only his third appearance for the league leaders in 2020.
Te recomendamos en English
- Gaming News CoD Modern Warfare and Warzone The Haunting of Verdansk: content from new update
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Second stimulus check: why does McConnell advise against the deal?
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: how can I track my early vote ballot?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Tottenham: Mourinho dismisses 'Spursy' tag but says defending must improve
- JUVENTUS Cristiano shows off new close-crop haircut during Covid-19 quarantine
- 2020 MLB WORLD SERIES LA Dodgers - Tampa Bay Rays: odds in the series of the MLB World Series 2020