Bayern Munich: Neuer's 100% record in doubt due to illness
Joshua Kimmich and Alphonso Davies returned to training with Bayern Munich on Thursday but captain Neuer may miss out against Cologne.
Manuel Neuer is a doubt for Bayern Munich's trip to Cologne on Sunday after he missed training due to illness.
Bayern confirmed their captain sat out Thursday's session at Sabener Strasse because of a gastro-intestinal infection.
Neuer, 33, has been an ever-present for Bayern in the Bundesliga and Champions League this season.
Sven Ulreich may make 2019-20 debut
Back-up keeper Sven Ulreich has been unused this season but managed 12 apppearances across the Bundesliga and DFB-Pokal last campaign, while Bayern also have youth keepers Ron-Thorben Hoffmann and Christian Früchtl to call upon.
There was better news for head coach Hansi Flick as Joshua Kimmich and Alphonso Davies were back among the first-team group having been laid low by a cold and an ankle knock respectively.
Following last weekend's 0-0 draw against second-place RB Leipzig, Bayern retain a slender one-point advantage as they pursue an eighth consecutive Bundesliga crown.
Flick's side resume their Champions League campaign with a last-16 trip to Chelsea on February 25.
Te recomendamos en English
- GEORGE FLOYS PROTESTS George Floyd death in Minneapolis, live updates: police, riots and protests across US
- GEORGE FLOYD DEATH George Floyd autopsy: no sign of traumatic asphyxia or strangling
- BUNDESLIGA Havertz’s goal-scoring form puts him in Bundesliga record books
- LALIGA La Liga clubs free to start full training from Monday
- PREMIER LEAGUE Kompany turns down offer to be Guardiola's assistant at Manchester City
- CORONAVIRUS New York state reopening: which shops, business and offices can open in phase 2?