Real Madrid-Barcelona: El Clasico set for Las Vegas in 2020 ICC
The International Champions Cup wants to repeat El Clásico over the pond after the 2017 game in Miami and is eyeing the Allegiant Stadium.
The 2020 edition of the International Champions Cup wants to stage a Clásico between Real Madrid and Barcelona in Las Vegas, according to a report in the Washington Post. The annual summer friendly tournament staged a Clásico encounter in Miami in 2017 and is confident of repeating the success of that match in Sin City this summer.
The proposed ground for the game is the Allegiant Stadium, a $1.9b development currently underway to house the Oakland Raiders, who are due to relocate to Vegas. The Clásico would serve as the curtain raiser to inaugurate the new stadium. Another possible location for the game is the Vegas option does not come to fruition is the SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles, home to the Los Angeles Rams and the Los Angeles Chargers.
Real Madrid-Barcelona "not finalised" says ICC organiser
“We are always exploring compelling matches, but at this time, no ICC matches are finalized,” Ben Sosenko, spokesman for the tournament organiser, Relevent Sports Group, was quoted as saying in the Washington Post.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Ronaldo scores in his 1,000th game
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Quique Setién: "Messi is a guarantee for any coach"
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Braithwaite after Barcelona debut: "I won't wash my clothes after hugging Messi"
- Bundesliga Paderborn confirm death of 14-month-old girl at Bayern game
- BARCELONA 5 - 0 EIBAR Real Madrid badge spotted on scoreboard at the Camp Nou
- Levante v Real Madrid Hazard off injured during Levante-Real Madrid with Clásico next week