Guardiola to consider future after Man City ban - rumour round-up
Having been handed a two-season Champions League ban, Manchester City could lose manager Pep Guardiola.
Pep Guardiola will consider his future at Manchester City after the club were hit with a two-season Champions League ban.
City were handed the sanction – and a 30-million-euro fine – by UEFA on Friday for "serious breaches" of Financial Fair Play regulations.
The Premier League club have denied wrongdoing and intend to appeal the verdict, but they could face personnel problems if unsuccessful.
TOP STORY – GUARDIOLA TO CONSIDER MAN CITY FUTURE AFTER EUROPEAN BAN
Guardiola will consider his future as City manager at season's end unless the verdict is overturned, according to The Telegraph.
The Catalan – who has been linked with Juventus – is contracted until 2021 and had suggested previously he intended to honour his deal.
ESPN reports Guardiola is worried about how the ban will impact his players but does claim the former Barcelona coach would be willing to remain as long as he, personally, is happy.
- With Ole Gunnar Solskjaer still under some pressure at Old Trafford, Manchester United are favourites to land Massimiliano Allegri as manager, according to Sport Mediaset. Paris Saint-Germain, Milan and Roma are also reportedly interested in the former Juventus coach.
- Staying at Manchester United, the Manchester Evening News reports Leicester City star James Maddison wants a move to the Premier League giants. Maddison has been reported to be close to signing a contract extension at the King Power Stadium.
- With Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang coming out of contract at the end of next season, Arsenal may opt to sell the forward during the next transfer window. The Mirror reports Inter are hoping to sign Aubameyang, who has also been linked to Barcelona.
- Olivier Giroud is prepared to wait to make a decision on his future despite coming out of contract at season's end. The Telegraph reports the Chelsea striker has been offered a pre-contract by Lazio but is in no rush to make a decision after attracting interest from Tottenham in January.
- Inter and Napoli are set for a transfer battle. CalcioMercato reports Hellas Verona and Albania defender Marash Kumbulla is a target for both clubs, who will need to pay at least 20m euros for the 20-year-old.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: US Covid-19 relief package update
- US Election 2020 US Election 2020: when are the presidential debates and how many will there be?
- Trump Why has former Trump campaign manager Brad Pascale been hospitalized?
- Football Saudi Arabian clash between Al-Nassr, Al-Ahli in ACL quarter-final
- REAL MADRID Kroos: Real Madrid confirm muscle injury following tests