FC Barcelona account hacked and trolled on Neymar and Bartomeu
The company OurMine has form when it comes to 'raising awareness' of online security and on Saturday turned its attention to the LaLiga champions.
It is not the first time OurMine has come to our attention in the world of football. The company says its goal is to raise awareness about cyber vulnerabilities and this time have popped into the official social media account of FC Barcelona.
Barcelona social media account hacked
Back in 2017, the team of hackers (or 'good' pirates) White Hat, compromised several official HBO Twitter profiles, including the official Game of Thrones page. Netflix, Marvel and the NFL have also been subject to their attacks. On this occasion, it was the turn of the LaLiga champions on Twitter, that has 15 million followers.
The hacker had a little fun with their security breach. A first message read: "Well, this is the second time, the security level is better but still not the best," followed by a suggestion that the solution was to contact them.
That was followed quickly by: "Hello, we are OurMine. Well, we read some private messages and it look like Neymar will back here."
OurMine sent similar messages across the various international accounts of the club, with a focus on Neymar, but in the Arabic version they referred to the hastag: "#Bartomeuout."
Barça were not the only ones to have been hacked on Saturday, with several accounts of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) also being targeted. Barcelona appeared to have retaken control of the situation in less than an hour.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League to allow five substitutions for rest of 2019/20
- George Floyd Autopsy reveals George Floyd was infected with Covid-19
- George Floyd What is K-pop and why are fans swarming social media over George Floyd protests?
- GEORGE FLOYD PROTESTS George Floyd protests live updates | Minneapolis, US riots, reactions, Trump, Anonymous...
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: what to do if the payment is sent but the mail has not arrived
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: Republicans having doubts about another $1,200 payment