Reinier has arrived in Madrid
Real Madrid's new Brazilian signing arrived in the capital on Saturday on a flight from Rio de Janeiro. Tonight, he'll be at the Bernabéu to watch the Celta game.
Real Madrid's latest Brazilian signing Reinier Jesús has arrived in Madrid. The 18-year-old arrived in the Spanish capital early on Saturday morning after taking a direct flight from Rio de Janeiro. Before flying out to Madrid, Reinier was given a few days' off to rest following his involvement in the Pre-Olympics tournament with Brazil's Under-23s. The player will be at the Bernabéu later this evening to watch the league game against Celta. While nothing has been confirmed by the club, it is expected that Reinier will be officially presented at the Bernabéu next week - according to La Sexta programme Jugones, Reinier could be unveiled on Tuesday 18th.
Reinier could make his debut against Sanse
For Reinier, his short-term future lies with Real Madrid Castilla. There are no available places in the first team squad so he will start off playing for the reserves. The club have handed him the number 19 jersey. Between now and the end of the season, Reinier will have the chance to play at least 13 games with Raúl's Castilla side, who are four points off the play-off places. After today's meeting with Rayo Majadahonda, Castilla are next in action on Sunday 23rd, hosting Sanse at the Alfredo Di Stéfano stadium - a game in which Reinier could make his debut.
Reinier could even start training with his new team mates before his presentation. He's match-fit, having played six games for Brazil's Under-23s last month in which the Verdeamarela booked their ticket for the Tokyo Olympics.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Meteor Shower Perseid meteor shower August 2020: how and when to watch
- Coronavirus Trump executive order: how much will it cost the US?
- Ohter Sports Forbes: Covid-19 is massively-affecting sports in South Africa
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool close in on a deal for 'the next Neymar’ Talles Magno
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Atalanta have a responsibility not to disappoint against PSG, says Gasperini