Madrid's slip-up prompts optimism from Catalan press
A late Santi Mina goal for Celta saw valuable points escape at the Santiago Bernabéu with the result prompting an sense of optimism from the Catalan sports press.
Real Madrid's 2-2 draw with Celta Vigo at the Santiago Bernabéu on Sunday night graces the front covers of both Catalan based sports dailies, Sport and Mundo Deportivo.
As the March 1st "El Clasico" looms, Zidane's men hold a slender one point lead over Barça with the Catalan side facing SD Eibar at Camp Nou next Saturday as Madrid face a tricky away date at Levante later the same day.
"Just one point behind", is the headline on Mundo Deportivo with Sport going with: "Plenty of noise but not so much of a lead" headline. Sport also allude to Getafe's Ángel being earmarked as the striker to replace long-term absentee Ousmane Dembéle.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Real Madrid watch as tensions grow between Mbappé and PSG
- EURO 2020 Cristiano Ronaldo becomes European Championship's record goalscorer
- NBA Who are the highest paid NBA players in 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: what organizations are in favor of a new payment?
- US News Unemployment benefits: can you keep the payments if you go back to work?
- US News Which states have abolished federal unemployment benefits and why?