Barcelona given permission to sign Dembélé replacement
Barça have been given the 'green light' by both LaLiga and the Spanish FA to sign a replacement for Ousmane Dembélé.
Barça have been given the 'green light' by both LaLiga and the Spanish FA to sign a replacement for Ousmane Dembélé. The player was operated on recently in Finland to rectify a hamstring muscle problem and is expected to be out of action for at least six months following the surgery. The Catalan club have been working on potential targets in parallel, anticipating this approval to be forthcoming and hope to announce a replacement striker within the next day or two at the latest. The club's intention is that the replacement is available for coach Setién to consider using in the forthcoming LaLiga clash as Barcelona face Eibar this weekend at Camp Nou.
Leganés striker Martin Braithwaite is the latest name to be linked with a move to the Catalan capital with the Danish international joining a wish-list that already includes the likes of Getafe's Ángel, Levante's Roger, Willian Jose (Real Sociedad) and Alaves target-man Lucas Pérez with the replacement having to currently play in LaLiga.
Barça were always confident that the medical commission who carried out the study on the nature of Dembélé's injury and recuperation time would concur that his layoff would permit the club from replacing him in their current squad and now the spotlight falls on the sporting director as the club now activate their plan to recruit a new forward.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: how long does it survive on objects and surfaces?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: 10,000 health workers in Spain have contracted Covid-19
- CORONAVIRUS Praying with the Pope, 'Urbi et Orbi' during coronavirus
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: 7 types of human coronavirus
- Covid-19 'The Flu', 'Pandemic' and other coronavirus related films on Netflix
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's quarantine period comes to an end