Casillas confirms candidacy in Spanish FA presidential election
"Yes, I will stand for the presidency of the Spanish FA (RFEF) when elections are called", published the goalkeeper via his Twitter account.
Iker Casillas has confirmed via his personal Twitter account of his intention to stand as a candidate in the next Spanish FA presidential elections.
In a four part tweet the keeper confirmed the rumour stating: "Yes, I will stand for presidency of the Spanish FA when elections are called. Together we will put our federation at the top alongside the best football in the world: Spanish football. #IkerCasillas2020
Sí, me presentaré a la Presidencia de la @RFEF cuando se convoquen las elecciones. Juntos vamos a poner nuestra Federación a la altura del mejor fútbol del mundo: el de España. #IkerCasillas2020 pic.twitter.com/kHkBChqh4m— Iker Casillas (@IkerCasillas) February 17, 2020
The 38-year-old's decision invariably means that, after 21 years in the game as a player, the Mostoles born stopper will hang up the gloves as he prepares to stand against current president of the RFEF Luis Rubiales.
Casillas was reported to have met with new minister for sport, Irene Lozano, to officially confirm his intention to participate in the elections with the definitive date to select a new president still yet to be confirmed.
"I've informed the president of my club FC Porto of the decision and I want to express my deepest gratitude. We're working on our candidacy with the highest respect. More than 23,000 voters await us in fair & transparent elections as 139 assembly members will make the key decision". Thanks for all the support and good wishes. Let's go for it." concluded his final tweet as part of the Twitter announcement.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 at Black Friday: restock times and deals at Walmart, GameStop, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Stimulus check: what to do if the deadline has passed?
- THANKSGIVING Bank opening hours on Thanksgiving 2020: Bank of America, Citi, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs
- US NEWS How to cook turkey - recipes for Thanksgiving: time, temperature in oven, seasoning...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: why are economists calling for a new payment?
- Thanksgiving Stores opening hours in Thanksgiving 2020: Walmart, Target, Costco...
- BARCELONA Two USMNT players make history with Barcelona in Champions League
- BARCELONA Jordi Alba predicts USMNT's Dest to become Barcelona star
- BARCELONA Koeman says nothing behind 'happy' Griezmann not starting in against Kiev
- Champions League Real Madrid's San Siro woe, Lewandowski targets Raul
- FIFA Best Awards Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Mbappé among FIFA 2020 Best candidates
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Inter Milan vs Real Madrid: preview, team news, predicted XIs
- US NEWS Black Friday 2020: when does it start and finish?