Fernandes' set-pieces "top class" – Solskjaer lauds new Man Utd signing
Bruno Fernandes' set-pieces are among the best Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has seen.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer lauded new signing Bruno Fernandes' performance at Chelsea, hailing the Manchester United midfielder's set-pieces as "top class".
Fernandes' superb corner was headed in by Harry Maguire in the second half of United's 2-0 Premier League win over Chelsea on Monday.
Solskjaer was delighted with the midfielder, who arrived at United for a reported £47million in January, and hailed his set-piece ability.
Solksjear raves about Fernandes
"He's a top player, he wants to get on the ball," the United manager told a news conference.
"But at set-ball delivery he's top class, one of the better ones I've seen. And Harry, we know if he can get a run on the ball he's dangerous and he got the goal."
The win, set up by Anthony Martial's first-half header, moved United into seventh and within three points of fourth-placed Chelsea.
But Solskjaer still wants to see more from his team, who visit Club Brugge in the first leg of their Europa League last-32 tie on Thursday.
"Of course we want to be in the Champions League next year, and we've given ourselves a chance by this result, but we know that we need to improve," he said.
"On creating chances, scoring goals. We showed a clean sheet again today, a foundation to build from.
"We're going to work hard, recover now because we've got a game on Thursday. So thanks for the help, all the recovery we get in Europe."
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Bundesliga aims for May restart behind closed doors
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid agree to slash players' wage bill by €33-56m
- CORONAVIRUS Hydroxychloroquine: what is it and can it help fight Covid-19?
- Premier League Coronavirus: UEFA chief hands Liverpool Premier League title
- Premier League No Cristiano Ronaldo in the Ryan Giggs Man United XI
- Barcelona Bartomeu set to overhaul Barcelona board-room a year ahead of elections