Spurs blow as Son set for long spell out with fractured arm
Son Heung-min faces a spell on the sidelines after breaking his arm in the win over Aston Villa last weekend.
Tottenham's Son Heung-min will be out for "a number of weeeks" after fracturing his right arm, the Premier League club said on Tuesday.
The South Korea international suffered the blow during Sunday’s 3-2 win at Aston Villa, in which he scored two goals - including a stoppage-time winner.
Spurs revealed that Son will undergo surgery this week, which is a major setback as they prepare for Wednesday’s Champions League last-16 clash with RB Leipzig.
Son will also be absent for a crunch spell of Premier League fixtures, including a London derby with Chelsea on Saturday, as Tottenham bid to secure a Champions League spot.
Son adds to Mourinho injury woes
News of the injury comes as a crushing blow to Spurs boss Jose Mourinho, who has been relying on Son to lead to provide firepower in the continuing absence of Harry Kane.
England captain Kane is battling to return before the end of the season after undergoing surgery on a torn hamstring injury suffered at Southampton on New Year’s Day.
Tottenham revealed in a statement: "Following surgery, our medical staff shall be reviewing management options for Son's rehabilitation with the player expected to be sidelined for a number of weeks."
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby