Messi: LA Galaxy offer Barça star escape route amid crisis
The MLS side have reportedly enquired about Leo Messi's situation at Camp Nou while the Liga champions' institutional crisis expands.
LaLiga champions Barcelona are a club in crisis.
From public rows to allegations that say the current board were involved in hiring a PR firm to spread negative narratives about Barça legends, a claim the club have denied.
It has been a turbulent time at Camp Nou and MLS powerhouse LA Galaxy have looked to capitalise.
LA Galaxy make Messi inquiry
AHORA #ClossContinental | Cuenta @arielsenosiain que Guillermo Barros Schelotto averiguó con Jorge Messi cuáles eran las intenciones de Lionel para hacer un intento de llevarlo a @LAGalaxy en lugar de Zlatan a fin de año | FM 104.3 AM590 https://t.co/4qBntCSl9T pic.twitter.com/WDM01ETAnH— Radio Continental (@Continental590) February 18, 2020
LA Galaxy enquired about Barcelona captain Lionel Messi's interest in moving to the United States, according to Radio Continental.
Messi was involved in a public row with director of football Eric Abidal, raising doubts over his Barca future amid links to Manchester United, Manchester City, Inter and Paris Saint-Germain. The Argentinean reportedly has a clause in his contract that allows him to leave for free at the end of the current season.
Galaxy head coach and former Boca Juniors boss Guillermo Barros Schelotto reportedly reached out to Messi's father to see if the six-time Ballon d'Or winner was open to swapping Barcelona for Los Angeles.
Pogba remains fixed no Old Trafford exit door
- Paul Pogba is confident he will finally be granted an exit by Manchester United, reports the Evening Standard. Pogba – still recovering from an ankle injury – has been linked with a return to former club Juventus as well as LaLiga giants Real Madrid.
- Staying at Old Trafford and The Independent claims United are in advanced negotiations with former PSG technical director Antero Henrique. Ralf Rangnick is also reportedly being considered.
- RB Leipzig's head of sport Rangnick is still being targeted by Milan for the role as head coach, reports Calciomercato. However, the Italian club are split as Stefano Pioli leads a resurgence.
- According to Tuttosport, Serie A champions Juventus are interested in bringing Manchester City forward Gabriel Jesus to Turin.
- France Football says Barca are eyeing Galatasaray's teenage sensation Mustafa Kapi. The 17-year-old is out of contract at the end of the season.
- Chelsea have entered the race to sign in-demand Hellas Verona centre-back Marash Kumbulla, says Calciomercato. The 20-year-old Albania international is also wanted by Inter, Napoli, Liverpool, United and City.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Bundesliga aims for May restart behind closed doors
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid agree to slash players' wage bill by €33-56m
- CORONAVIRUS Hydroxychloroquine: what is it and can it help fight Covid-19?
- Premier League Coronavirus: UEFA chief hands Liverpool Premier League title
- Premier League No Cristiano Ronaldo in the Ryan Giggs Man United XI
- Barcelona Bartomeu set to overhaul Barcelona board-room a year ahead of elections