Eto'o: The 2022 World Cup will be an exceptional experience for fans
The former captain of Cameroon said Qatar is having success in organising a number of sporting events, which will stand the country in good stead as it gets ready to host the World Cup.
Samuel Eto'o, former captain of the Cameroon national team, and ambassador for the Supreme Committee for Delivery and Legacy (SC), said Qatar is having success in organising a number of sporting events, which will stand the country in good stead before it hosts the 2022 World Cup.
Eto'o, who attended the African Super Cup as one of the guests of the Confederation of African Football, said that organising the African Super Cup was a magnificent idea, in particular because right now everyone is aware of Qatar's preparations for the World Cup, meaning the country is fully ready to organise major sporting events.
“What was particularly pleasing to see when arriving at the stadium was that there were people from all over the world at this game. Qatari nationals, Africans, Europeans – it’s exactly how the World Cup will be in 2022. I think it’s going to be a magnificent experience.” Eto’o said after the game
Eto'o, four-time winner of the best African footballer award, added “I’ve had a very good impression of Qatar since the time I played for a Qatari club, and I am an SC ambassador, so I spend a lot of time here."
More than 19,000 spectators attended the African Super Cup final played in Qatar, and under an agreement between the Confederation of African Football and the Qatari Football Federation, Qatar will also organise the Super Cup in 2021 and 2022.
Egyptian side Zamalek FC won the Super Cup title for the fourth time in its history, beating Espérance Sportive de Tunis (3-1). Zamalek have now won the second most titles in the competition’s history behind Egyptian outfit Ahly FC who have won the title six times.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem