Barcelona to sign Braithwaite as Dembélé cover
Barcelona are set to pay the release clause of Legénes player Martin Braithwaite on Thursday before making his signing official.
Martin Braithwaite will be confirmed as Barcelona's latest signing on Thursday, with the club set to pay 18 million euros for the Leganés striker.
The Danish international had appeared to bid his Leganés team mates farewell on Wednesday morning as he prepared for a move to Barcelona to act as cover for Ousmane Dembélé.
Suárez is out until at least until the end of April with a knee injury and Ousmane Dembélé joined him on the sidelines after tearing a hamstring with the Frenchman ruled out for the rest of the season.
Barcelona had been given permission by LaLiga to sign an emergency striker and after combing the Spanish market, settled on Braithwaite, with the Camp Nou board set to pay the forward’s release clause on Thursday before making his signing official and presenting him at Camp Nou.
Leganés, meanwhile, cannot sign a replacement for their player despite Barça being able to do so, a regulation that has caused some consternation among Liga sides and one that will doubtless be up for review at the end of the season.
Omeruo congratulates Braithwaite on Barça move
While the signing has yet to be made official, Leganés' Nigerian defender Kenneth Omeruo took to social media to congratulate his now former team mate on his move to Camp Nou.
"Congratulations brother... will miss you," Omeruo posted on Instagram together with a picture of Braithwaite superimposed in the Blaugrana kit.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Lautaro Martínez: Barcelona told he won't leave Inter if release clause not met
- laliga LaLiga would have ended if Madrid were top, says former Barcelona president
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check US: why California has received the most payments
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- Coronavirus Coronavirus live updates: deaths and cases - UK, Australia, Canada, Spain... news today