Real Madrid and Man Utd target Van de Beek: Ajax hopeful
Donny van de Beek's future was discussed ahead of Ajax's Europa League fixture away to Getafe.
Ajax head coach Erik ten Hag is hopeful of retaining star midfielder Donny van de Beek amid interest from Real Madrid and Manchester United.
Ten Hag crosses fingers
Van de Beek has continually been linked with a move to LaLiga giants Madrid, who previously contacted Ajax over a possible deal at the start of the season.
The 22-year-old Netherlands international has also reportedly emerged as a target for Premier League side United.
Ten Hag was asked about the future of Van de Beek on the eve of Thursday's Europa League clash against Getafe in Madrid.
"I do not think so [that he will leave]," Ajax boss Ten Hag told reporters in his news conference.
"He has had a great evolution and has attracted international attention. There are players who are in the spotlight and then things change."
Ten Hag added: "Donny van de Beek has had a stormy progression the last months. A lot of big clubs noticed this.
"That's has been the last one and a half years like this with our players. We have not to think about this, but we have been doing these the last one and a half years already."
In 2019-20, Van de Beek has scored 10 goals in all competitions for Dutch champions Ajax – eight of those in the Eredivisie.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: how long does it survive on objects and surfaces?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: 10,000 health workers in Spain have contracted Covid-19
- CORONAVIRUS Praying with the Pope, 'Urbi et Orbi' during coronavirus
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: 7 types of human coronavirus
- Covid-19 'The Flu', 'Pandemic' and other coronavirus related films on Netflix
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's quarantine period comes to an end