Real Madrid: Adama Traoré says his door is open to move
The former Barcelona player is now impressing in the Premier League with Wolves and speaking with Spanish media has repeated his interest in LaLiga move.
Wolverhampton Wanderers' winger Adama Traoré has reiterated his openness to returning to his former club Barcelona or, indeed, their bitter rivals, Real Madrid.
Traoré's door open to Madrid
“It wouldn't be a problem for me [if Madrid called], I don't close my door to anything," Traoré stated to Spanish newspaper, La Vanguardia. "Right now I am very happy where I am, the team and the people are fantastic.
"Being in Europe is a new stage for us and the physiotherapists work incredibly hard on ensuring our recovery [between the extra games]. Offers from Madrid or Barça will come when they come, but my mentality is to continue growing as a player."
The Spaniard also repeated statements that he previously gave about having no lingering issues following a bad departure from the Catalan side, and also that his size is more to do with genetics than working out in the gym.
Asked whether Wolves were favourites going into their Europa League tie with Espanyol, Traoré said:
"We have a great opponent ahead of us; the challenge is exciting. The favourite tag is put on by others. Our mentality is to fight for 90 minutes."
Traoré also made it clear that he is hoping to get the call-up from Spanish manager ahead of this summer's European Championships.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Sweden's death rate shows danger of 'herd immunity'
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane asks club for RB Leipzig's Upamecano
- Kingsley Coman: Pep Guardiola the most influential coach I've had
- BARCELONA Barcelona deny former vice-president's "hand in till" claims
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: Could there be a second wave of the epidemic in autumn?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total India cases and deaths, real-time map, 10 April