Real Madrid chief scout targeted by Liverpool and Chelsea
Odegaard, Vincius, Rodrygo, Militao, Valverde... According to reports in the British media, the man responsible for scouting star players is hot property.
Real Madrid's chief scout, Juni Calafat, has been responsible for bring some of the world's greatest young talents to the Santiago Bernabéu. And other elite clubs are looking to hire him.
Liverpool and Chelsea target Calafat
With names such as Vinicius, Rodrygo, Martin Odegaard, and Fede Valverde on his CV, Calafat's record is one that has been admired by clubs around Europe. And now, it appears, some of those sides would like to use his services exclusively.
According to a report in The Telegraph, there are a few Premier League clubs trying to attract the scout to join their operation. Among those teams are European Champions Liverpool, Chelsea and Everton.
The recent capture for Real Madrid of the 18-year-old Brazilian Reinier, who was presented to fans this week, is adds another prized asset to the ranks of Los Blancos and they are expected to do what they can to hold onto their man.
With the transfer market valuations blowing out of proportion over recent years, signing young prospects for a less-inflated amount is now seen as key to building future success for the top clubs. Calafat has helped grow the academy in Madrid, with a direct impact on the first team.
Te recomendamos en English
- Opta stats Diabolical defending: Europe's top five leagues in 2019-20
- International UEFA suspends Champions League 'until further notice'
- LIVERPOOL Birthday Boy Brewster could be the answer for Klopp
- Nubel will learn behind Neuer at Bayern Munich, says Kahn
- Real Madrid Real Madrid's Dani Ceballos needs 'importance' at Arsenal
- REAL MADRID | SAGNA Sagna: "I see Pogba closer to Juventus than Real Madrid because of Cristiano"