LA Galaxy manager responds to Lionel Messi transfer rumours
The Barcelona player has been linked with a move to MLS side LA Galaxy but the club's manager admits that there is nothing to tell.
LA Galaxy manager, Guillermo Barros Schelotto, says there is 'nothing to tell' about recent links with Barcelona star, Lionel Messi.
"Nothing. There is nothing to tell," the Argentine coach said when asked about the rumours linking Messi to the MLS. "Obviously [everybody would like to have Messi] and the fact of having a certain relationship with him also brings about the possibility but there has been no approach recently."
Messi has been linked with a number of clubs including Manchester City since an interview with Eric Abidal was published in newspaper Sport in which he seemed to criticise the Argentine. The club captain responded on Instagram initially but sat down with Mundo Deportivo this week to speak about the issues again.
The 32-year-old said he felt attacked by Abidal's comments and was compelled to respond. Pep Guardiola says he hopes Messi stays at Barcelona and Messi himself says he feels comfortable at the club but does admit that changes need to be made to ensure they remain competitive.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Bundesliga aims for May restart behind closed doors
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid agree to slash players' wage bill by €33-56m
- CORONAVIRUS Hydroxychloroquine: what is it and can it help fight Covid-19?
- Premier League Coronavirus: UEFA chief hands Liverpool Premier League title
- Premier League No Cristiano Ronaldo in the Ryan Giggs Man United XI
- Barcelona Bartomeu set to overhaul Barcelona board-room a year ahead of elections