Chivas: Miguel Ponce involved in fracas with a fan at the airport
Chivas landed in Tijuana but didn’t receive a warm welcome at the airport. Ponce ended up fighting with a fan and apologized after the incident.
Miguel Ponce got into a physical altercation with a fan when his side landed in Tijuana prior to their game against Xolos this Friday night. Chivas are usually well-received by fans when they are playing an away game but not on this occasion, due to the team's current run of results.
The Chivas defender could not contain himself when a fan told him to display more love for the shirt he represents. Ponce confronted his accuser and shoved him, with the incident caught on camera by Fox Sports journalist Natalia León.
The video also shows a security guard attached to Chivas hitting the fan in question on the hand after his to-do with Ponce.
Ponce apologizes on social media
Complicado arribo de @Chivas a Tijuana. Alboroto y euforia que acabó en un aficionado que agredió a Miguel Ponce y se generó un pequeño conato de bronca; no pasó a mayores. @CentralFOXMX pic.twitter.com/pE9QQQo9Dc— Natalia León (@_NataliaLeon_) February 21, 2020
After the video went viral, Ponce used his Twitter account to apologize for his actions but he also explained that the video doesn’t reflect that he was shoved three times himself before reacting.
After apologizing and explaining what happened, many journalists still voiced their disapproval of Ponce's actions, saying that a professional footballer should always set an example whatever the circumstances.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE PSG vs Bayern Munich: times, TV & how to watch online
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Would the fourth stimulus check be taxed by the IRS?
- NFL Former Chiefs assistant Reid charged with felony DWI
- COVID-19 VACCINATION What to do if you get covid-19 between vaccine doses?
- MLS When is the MLS transfer deadline?
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN What to know about $3,600 Child Tax credit: dates, eligibility, amount