Liga MX to abolish relegation during the next five years
The second division of the Mexican championship will change next season and under the new rule teams won’t be able to ascend to the first division.
Ascenso MX has been dealt a tough blow with the new rules implemented by the league. The plan is that for the next five years no team in the Ascenso MX can ascend to the first division while top flight teams cannot be relegated. According to Record there are two reasons why the rules have been proposed.
The first one is that the league decided to eliminate relegation in the Liga MX so the teams' only focus is to win the title. The second reason is for the clubs to promote their young players to the first team and after five years they are ready to play in the first division.
The rules in the Ascenso MX will be the following: Only five players of any age and three foreigners can be on the pitch at the same time. According to Record this rule will be approved in the next meeting between club owners. Also, teams from the Liga MX will make a deal with teams from the Ascenso MX so that younger players have the chance to develop.
Currently there are 12 teams in the Ascenso MX and only 3 have agreed to the new rule, Tampico (Santos, Atlas), Zacatecas (Leon, Pachuca) and Dorados (Xolos, Queretaro). This is because they have the same owner.
Merida, Cimarrones and Atlante will approve this new rule as well because they can build a team in the next five years without the pressure of relegation. The teams who oppose the rule are Cafetaleros, Correcaminos and Leones Negros. One of the reasons is because they don’t enjoy a good relationship with Mexico's Football Federation.
Te recomendamos en English
- US Elections 2020 Early voting locations near me in Florida: how to find where to vote
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- US Elections 2020 USA Election 2020: who is Lara Trump?
- Coronavirus Unemployment benefits in US: how to claim and check weekly payments
- US ELECTION 2020 The Blind Pig: this is the new Biden campaign ad aiming at NFL fans
- Coronavirus Pennsylvania unemployment biweekly benefits: eligibility and filing claim