Mourinho: "Chelsea are favourites to finish in the top four"
José Mourinho discussed the race to finish in the Premier League's top four as Tottenham prepare to face Chelsea.
Tottenham manager José Mourinho believes that Chelsea are the favourites to finish in the top four in this season's Premier League as he piled pressure on Frank Lampard's side ahead of this afternoon's London derby.
Four teams fighting for fourth place
Chelsea occupy the fourth and final Champions League place after 26 matches, just one point ahead of Tottenham – who visit Stamford Bridge today. Spurs, Manchester United and Arsenal are among the teams vying for a spot in the top four and Mourinho insisted Chelsea remain in the box seat despite a run of four league matches without a win.
"At this moment, Tottenham, Manchester United, Arsenal, Sheffield United, Wolverhampton, Everton - we are the underdogs," Mourinho told reporters. "We have ambitions to be there but we are one, two, three points behind Chelsea, so they have an advantage to all of us. That's obvious. It's not a big advantage but it is an advantage. Chelsea in this moment is favourite for the fourth position, considering Leicester have nine points more at this stage of the season."
Mourinho: "I know what tactics Lampard will use"
Former Chelsea manager Mourinho has ramped up the mind games for Tottenham's trip to face the Blues after claiming to know Lampard's tactics for the derby. "I was told they were back to a back-five which is what they normally do when their results are not the best," he said.
When asked how he knew, Mourinho added: "The same way journalists have a lot of news and you don't tell the sources."
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Unemployment benefits: can you keep the payments if you go back to work?
- US News Which states have abolished federal unemployment benefits and why?
- EURO 2020 Ronaldo's gesture wipes $3.5bn off Coca-Cola's market value
- US NEWS Why is Juneteenth being considered a national holiday?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE California Vaccine Lottery: from which counties were the 15 June winners and how much did they win?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Novavax covid-19 vaccine: How effective is it and who will get it?