VAR officials admit that Lo Celso should have been sent off
Lo Celso stamped on Azpilicueta during this afternoon's games between Chelsea and Tottenham. The incident was reviewed but no red card was issued.
VAR referees admitted their mistake when reviewing an incident in this afternoon's Premier League game between Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea. Giovani Lo Celso stamped on Chelsea defender César Azpilicueta on 51 minutes, leaving the Spaniard requiring treatment. VAR reviewed the move, after match official Michael Oliver and fourth official Kevin Friend deemed it not severe enough for punishment. Lo Celso got away without even a booking.
Officials at Stockley Park in London, where VAR incidents are supervised later admitted that Lo Celso escaped a red card due to "human error". Chelsea went on to win the game 2-1 and move four points clear of Spurs in the battle to secure the fourth and last Champions League qualifying place.
Te recomendamos en English
- COPA AMERICA Uruguay fire blank in Argentina loss but Tabarez's legend grows
- EURO 2020 Portugal in form but can Ronaldo, Santos and co be fun?
- REAL MADRID Pau Torres, a future option for Real Madrid
- SERIE A Mourinho ready for Roma challenge after past mistakes
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid ready to sell Jovic
- NBA Which teams have played in the NBA Eastern Conference finals the most?