Lampard ends José Mourinho's proud record
José Mourinho had never suffered a league double defeat during his long managerial career until he was schooled by Frank Lampard once again.
Frank Lampard watched as his Chelsea side strode to victory in this afternoon's London derby against Spurs and in the process, record a first in football.
Chelsea do the double over Spurs
The Blues became the first side to beat a team managed by José Mourinho both home and away in a single league season - something which has never happened before to the Portuguese coach at any of his previous clubs. Tottenham were beaten 0-2 by Lampard's Chelsea when the two sides met in December.
Olivier Giroud and Marcos Alonso were on target at Stamford Bridge, with Antonio Rudiger's late own goal providing scant consolation for Mourinho as Spurs slipped four points behind their London rivals in the Premier League.
Chelsea boss Lampard also got one over Mourinho when his Derby County team won at Manchester United in the EFL Carabao Cup last season.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA and HEALS Act live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news
- Stimulus check Stimulus check: how to report missing payments and mistakes to the IRS
- Coronavirus USA Stimulus check schedule: when could second round be voted on, passed and paid?
- CORONAVIRUS BioVyzr: the futuristic helmet to protect against Covid-19
- Barcelona Barcelona: Pochettino open to coaching Messi at Camp Nou