Paderborn confirm death of 14-month-old girl at Bayern game
Paderborn have confirmed a 14-month-old girl, the niece of striker Streli Mamba, passed away during Friday's match at Bayern Munich.
Bundesliga side Paderborn have confirmed the death of a 14-month-old girl during Friday's match at Bayern Munich.
Bayern won 3-2 at Allianz Arena, but the result has been overshadowed by Saturday's announcement that a child died after collapsing at the venue.
The club also revealed the girl, who was taken to a Munich hospital but could not be resuscitated, was the niece of Streli Mamba, their forward who was substituted after 53 minutes of the fixture.
"Paderborn are deeply shaken and expresses its deepest sympathy to the family," a club statement read. "The club asks to respect the privacy of the player's family and, like the family, will not comment on this incident."
Bayern also issued a statement, offering their condolences to the family.
"The whole of FC Bayern is devastated and expresses deepest sympathy and condolences to the girl's family," the Bundesliga champions said.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Bundesliga aims for May restart behind closed doors
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid agree to slash players' wage bill by €33-56m
- CORONAVIRUS Hydroxychloroquine: what is it and can it help fight Covid-19?
- Premier League Coronavirus: UEFA chief hands Liverpool Premier League title
- Premier League No Cristiano Ronaldo in the Ryan Giggs Man United XI
- Barcelona Bartomeu set to overhaul Barcelona board-room a year ahead of elections