Hazard off injured ahead of visits from Man City and Barcelona
The Real Madrid player limped off in the 67th minute and received ice treatment to his ankle. Madrid play Man City on Wednesday in the Champions League and Barcelona on Sunday.
Eden Hazard limped off in the 67th minute of Real Madrid's LaLiga defeat to Levante on Saturday, to be replaced by Vinicius. The Belgian was clearly in discomfort as he hobbled to the touchline, where he was met by a concerned Zinedine Zidane.
Hazard received treatment
Once in the dug-out an ice pack was placed on Hazard's ankle. The player has just returned from an injury to that area, although Real Madrid had stated he was now in perfect condition.
The looks of Hazard's fellow players were not optimistic. Real Madrid host Manchester City on Wednesday evening in the Champions League last-16 first leg (21:00) and then Barcelona in the Clásico in LaLiga next Sunday at 21:00.
Hazard will undergo tests in the coming hours to determine the extent of the injury and to see if he has a chance of facing Guardiola's side on Wednesday evening. The signs of clear discomfort from the midfielder however make that look less of a possibility.
Speaking after the game, Zidane said Hazard had taken a knock in the same place he had the injury he had just recovered from, and that it "doesn't look good".
Saturday's game against Levante was Hazard's second since recovering from the injury he picked up against PSG on 27 November.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit, tax refund...
- CORONAVIRUS Which vaccine is the most popular in the US?
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS What are the Democrats position towards ending unemployment benefits?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: could the next payments be automatic?
- BARCELONA Barcelona's 2021/2 pre-season starting to take shape
- TENNIS Naomi Osaka pulls out of Wimbledon but eyes Olympics return