América defeat Monterrey in the seventh week of the Clausura 2020
América got their second victory in a row after defeating the current champs in their visit to Monterrey's stadium.
América and Monterrey faced each other after they last saw each other during the final of the Apertura 2019. This time Guillermo Ochoa was the MVP of the game and ensured América claimed a 1-0 victory.
It was the 15th minute of the game when Monterrey were playing better but América responded with Luis Fuentes scoring the first and only goal of the match after a great pass from Giovani dos Santos.
Immediately afterwards, América thought they had a second when José María Basanta put through his own net, but after a VAR check the goal was disallowed for a foul in the build-up.
In the 31st minute, Monterrey came close to tying the game, but Ochoa was in fantastic form and kept a clean sheet.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League to allow five substitutions for rest of 2019/20
- George Floyd Autopsy reveals George Floyd was infected with Covid-19
- George Floyd What is K-pop and why are fans swarming social media over George Floyd protests?
- GEORGE FLOYD PROTESTS George Floyd protests live updates | Minneapolis, US riots, reactions, Trump, Anonymous...
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: what to do if the payment is sent but the mail has not arrived
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: Republicans having doubts about another $1,200 payment