América defeat Monterrey in the seventh week of the Clausura 2020
América got their second victory in a row after defeating the current champs in their visit to Monterrey's stadium.
América and Monterrey faced each other after they last saw each other during the final of the Apertura 2019. This time Guillermo Ochoa was the MVP of the game and ensured América claimed a 1-0 victory.
It was the 15th minute of the game when Monterrey were playing better but América responded with Luis Fuentes scoring the first and only goal of the match after a great pass from Giovani dos Santos.
Immediately afterwards, América thought they had a second when José María Basanta put through his own net, but after a VAR check the goal was disallowed for a foul in the build-up.
In the 31st minute, Monterrey came close to tying the game, but Ochoa was in fantastic form and kept a clean sheet.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS IRS checks: what does tax refund 30 mean?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos will be back one day, says Toni Kroos
- NFL Carl Nassib announcement "historical landmark" for NFL - Ryan Russell
- EURO 2020 Euro 2021 Group E: scores, standings and who progresses to the round of 16
- NBA Coach Tyronn Lue hopes the home arena ambiance will help indisposed Clippers
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: why could the US be the next country hit with the delta variant?