Barcelona face coronavirus tests on arrival in Naples
According to ESPN, Barcelona have been notified that the travelling party must pass through a temperature control on arrival in Naples.
Barcelona have found themselves indirectly affected by the coronavirus outbreak. The rises in cases of Covid-19 infections in Italy, produced by the new corononavirus SARS-CoV-2, which forced several Serie A matches to be postponed this weekend, means that the Barça squad will face strict tests when they enter and leave the country for this week's Champions League tie in Naples. ESPN report that the Barcelona expedition must pass through a temperature screening control on arrival at Napoli-Capodichino airport on Monday. If any member of the travelling party is found to have a high temperature or fever, they will be taken to hospital for further checks, in line with the Disease Prevention and Control protocol. The club have been notified of the procedure in a memo sent by the Italian government.
Barcelona and the coronavirus
The Barça squad are due to arrive in Naples on Monday, where they will train at the San Paolo stadium on the eve of the game. Italy is in a state of panic for the coronovirus outbreak with more than 80 people infected and two deaths. However, it seems that all of the reported cases have been in the north of the country, not the south, and so far, there have been no reported incidents in Naples. Obviously precautions still must be taken.
Te recomendamos en English
- Man City vs Real Madrid Sterling joins Man City's 100 club with opener against Real Madrid
- Champions League Napoli must 'climb Everest' to beat Barcelona - Gattuso
- Coronavirus Unemployment benefits: will there be an extra weekly payment?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: How much money could you get?
- Coronavirus India: Lockdown in Kohima to be lifted tomorrow
- Social Media What is Instagram Reels, the new TikTok competitor