Timo Werner salutes Jürgen Klopp as Liverpool rumours intensify
Jürgen Klopp is the best coach in the world, according to striker Timo Werner, who has once more talked up a move from RB Leipzig to Liverpool.
Timo Werner has once again spoken positively about a potential move to Liverpool, describing Reds boss Jürgen Klopp the best coach in the world.
Werner proud to be linked with Liverpool
The RB Leipzig striker has been heavily linked with a switch to Anfield after starring in his club's push for a maiden Bundesliga title. Werner, 23, who has scored 27 goals for Leipzig in all competitions this season, said on Wednesday he was "very proud" to be linked with European champions Liverpool.
Werner has now talked up the runaway Premier League leaders once again after scoring in a 5-0 thrashing of Schalke on Saturday, a victory that kept Leipzig just a point behind Bundesliga front-runners Bayern Munich. "Jürgen Klopp is the best coach in the world," he told Sky Germany. "There is a lot to suggest that my style of play would suit there [Liverpool]."
The Germany international did insist his focus was strictly on his current club for the remainder of the campaign. "I'm not worried about that [a move to Liverpool], because we have so much to do with Leipzig," he added. "It's difficult to think about where to play next year. You have to worry about it after the season. Inquiries come in, you don't have to lie that it is so."
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: when is the deadline to register for non-filers?
- US ELECTIONS US elections 2020: Can I vote by mail without an excuse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho: Tottenham still "trying" to sign players
- REAL MADRID Zidane on Bale, Hazard, Odegaard, Betis, new signings...
- LIVERPOOL Klopp happy to support EFL clubs: “People in a better position should help others”