Real Madrid: Injured Hazard out of Man City, Barcelona clashes
Eden Hazard will miss Real Madrid's games against Manchester City and Barcelona after it was confirmed that he has suffered a distal fibula fracture.
Eden Hazard has been ruled out of Real Madrid's crucial upcoming clashes against Manchester City and Barcelona after it was confirmed that he sustained renewed damage to his ankle in Los Blancos' LaLiga defeat to Levante.
Hazard injury confirmed after Belgian limps out of Levante defeat
Hazard was forced off in the second half of Saturday's match at the Ciutat de Valencia, in only his second appearance since returning from the ankle fracture he suffered in November's Champions League draw with Paris Saint-Germain.
"After the tests carried out on our player Eden Hazard by the Real Madrid medical services, he has been diagnosed with a distal fibula fracture," the club said in a statement published on their official website on Sunday.
Madrid's statement does not say how long the Belgian is expected to be sidelined for, but it is thought that the injury will keep him out for at least two months.
See also: How many games will injured Hazard miss?
Crunch Champions League, LaLiga clashes coming up
Madrid face City in the first leg of the Champions League last 16 at the Bernabéu on Wednesday, before hosting arch rivals Barça - who this weekend leapfrogged Los Merengues at the top of the table - in a crunch LaLiga match-up on Sunday.
Hazard also appears all but certain to miss the second leg of Madrid's tie with City, with Zinedine Zidane's men due to visit the Etihad Stadium on 17 March.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOKYO 2020 Tokyo 2020 Olympics - Football Tournament draws: as it happened
- FOOTBALL European Super League, live updates: all English clubs withdraw, reactions, Florentino Pérez, UEFA, clubs
- FOOTBALL European Super League 'hugely embarrassing' for Madrid president Perez
- FOOTBALL Inter and Atletico withdraw as Agnelli says European Super League is a no-go
- George and Clippers nip Blazers late, Irving leads way for Nets
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim