Real Madrid: Zidane holds meeting with Rodrygo
The Real Madrid manager took time out to explain to Rodrygo why he had been left out of the last three squads and the Brazilian was delighted with the gesture.
Rodrygo was left out of Zinedine Zidane's squad against Levante, which was the third consecutive game the Brazilian missed out on. Instead of spending the weekend without player, however, the attacker joined up with Raúl's Castilla side (they play Sanse at 17:00 on Sunday). Zidane met with Rodrygo on Friday to explain the decision to him personally.
Zidane offered up reasons for leaving him out of his plans and cited an overload of options in attack although that might change now with the absence of Hazard. The arguments for going with Castilla are that his potential is not being wasted because he can help Castilla in their pursuit of promotion (currently six points of a play-off spot). The Brazilian can also take the opportunity to play himself back into form for the end of season run-in. The work in training is demanding but you can't create the same tension and situations you get in a game.
Rodrygo left the meeting feeling pleased that Zidane took the time to explain to him why he had been 'demoted' to the reserves. The Brazilian's relationship with the technical staff is generally excellent and the meeting only went to strengthen that good feeling. He will have a chance to learn from Raúl now almost five months since he last played with Castilla with the motivation to show Zidane he is worth more game-time.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- USA News US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies aged 87
- AMAZON PRIME VIDEO The Boys Season 2: how many episodes, dates of release and when is the last one?
- Arteta: Aubameyang stayed because Arsenal is an 'incredible club' as big as Barcelona & Inter
- Liverpool Thiago: “When you win, you want to win more”
- Coronavirus Flu shot: who should get it and when?