PSG: Fresh problem for Tuchel as upset Icardi vents frustration
The Argentine was upset that he wasn't picked to play against Dortmund and got angry when he heard the news as Tuchel has to fight another battle.
In France, a new problem has arisen between Thomas Tuchel and one of his players in the last few days. The Paris Saint Germain has had several issues with his players one after another in recent weeks. Mbappé and the German had a row after the former was taken off during a game in Ligue 1 and Neymar bamed the coaching staff for resting him ahead of their game against Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League. Now it's Mauro Icardi's turn. The Argentine is unhappy with the manager's decision-making after he was left out of the Champions League clash in Germany.
The Argentine displayed his annoyance in front of the entire dressing room according to SoccerLink. When he heard he was not starting, Icardi threw several chairs on the ground, the report says. The striker didn't say a work for the remainder of the trip and didn't open his mouth until the got back to Paris.
Tuchel backed Neymar, Di María and Mbappé to get the job done ahead of Icardi, who did not play a single minute of the game. PSG lost 2-1 and face a battle to stop Dortmund, and Haaland, from scoring at Parc des Princes in the second leg or be force to score a couple themselves. The Ligue 1 side are back in action on Sunday against Girondins (21:00) and it remains to be seen what happens with Icardi.
This come on the back of a tough week for Tuchel, who also had to contend with videos of his players partying, which he had to respond to again. The German said he was 'very surprised' with the leaked footage but he was offered some good news when Neymar said he would not be travelling to Carnival in Brazil for the first time in six years.
Te recomendamos en English
- CRISTIANO RONALDO Khabib reveals Ronaldo's biggest fear for Cristiano Jr.
- NEW MOVIE RELEASES Space Jam 2: release date, trailer, images, cast, plot
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax Return: can I get interest if my refund comes late?
- Coronavirus Blood type might affect covid-19 infection: how and what types?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks $1,400 third stimulus check: how many people will lose out under new income limit?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS What is a Head of Household and how does it affect the size of stimulus checks?