Real Madrid: Rodrygo red for Castilla rules him out of Clásico
The Brazilian starred, scored and was sent off for Castilla against UD Sanse and will now miss the Clásico against Barcelona next week.
Rodrygo was sent off and scored in Real Madrid Castilla's game against UD Sanse on Sunday afternoon which rules him out of the upcoming Clásico.
RODRYGO se pierde el clásico tras ser expulsado con el CASTILLA. Doble amarilla tras celebrar su gol delante del portero rival: pic.twitter.com/AC0BI7NzYI— Madrid Sports (@MadridSports_) February 23, 2020
Raúl's side won 2-0 and saw Reinier debut with an instrumental performance. They sit seventh and four points of a playy-off place. The bad news, however, came late on when Rodrygo was booked for the second time for goading the goalkeeper.
Eden Hazard's injury meant a gap had opened up in the squad for Rodrygo but the red card means he is not available for Zidane in the Clásico.
Zidane met with Rodrygo on Friday and explained to him why he had lost a step in the manager's plans. The Real Madrid manager has an overload of options in attack and
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- USA News US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies aged 87
- AMAZON PRIME VIDEO The Boys Season 2: how many episodes, dates of release and when is the last one?
- Arteta: Aubameyang stayed because Arsenal is an 'incredible club' as big as Barcelona & Inter
- Liverpool Thiago: “When you win, you want to win more”
- Coronavirus Flu shot: who should get it and when?