Jonathan dos Santos to miss LA Galaxy's debut due to an injury
The Mexican midfielder has not played a game in this preseason with Los Angeles Galaxy due to an injury in his groin and will miss the first game of the season against Houston.
Los Angeles Galaxy will have to play their first game of the season without one of their franchise players, Jonathan dos Santos, due to a groin injury. On Saturday they played their last game of the preseason and tied 1-1 prior flying to Houston to face the Dynamo on 29 February for the beginning of the 25th season of the MLS.
This Sunday, the Galaxy confirmed that Dos Santos and Efraín Álvarez will miss the season opener due to injuries. It is expected that both players will be fit and ready to play in two weeks.
"Jonathan will not be ready to play against Houston Dynamo because he has not trained with the team during the preseason. We only have one week to prepare for the first match of the season and we expect him to join the team this week but it will take him some time to get fit and be ready to play," Guillermo Barros Schelotto said.
Álvarez will also miss the season opener
The other Mexican player who will miss the season opener is Álvarez, because he suffered a left ankle injury during the team’s preseason scrimmage on Wednesday. An MRI revealed that the homegrown player suffered lateral ligament damage and it has been confirmed that he will be out for at least two weeks.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: how long does it survive on objects and surfaces?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: 10,000 health workers in Spain have contracted Covid-19
- CORONAVIRUS Praying with the Pope, 'Urbi et Orbi' during coronavirus
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: 7 types of human coronavirus
- Covid-19 'The Flu', 'Pandemic' and other coronavirus related films on Netflix
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's quarantine period comes to an end