Daniele Orsato appointed as Real Madrid-Man City UCL referee
The Italian match official will oversee Real Madrid game for the second time this season as he refereed the Galatasaray-Madrid group stage game in Istanbul.
UEFA have appointed Italian Daniele Orsato as referee for Wednesday's Champions Round of 16 tie (first leg) at the Bernabéu as Real Madrid face Manchester City. The game will be the second time the 45-year-old has overseen a match involving Zinedine Zidane's side this season with Orsato in charge at the group stage fixture in Istanbul where a 0-1 win was enough for Madrid to secure maximum points over Galatasaray.
Orsato has been in the middle for two Real Madrid game in the Champions League in total, apart from the Galatasaray game, he also oversaw the 2015-2016 group stage contest in the Spanish capital as the Bernabéu witnessed an 8-0 demolition of Swedish side Malmo with four goals coming from Cristiano and a hat-trick from Benzema.
The Italian has taken charge of City twice in the Champions League. He oversaw a 0-5 win over Romanian side FCSB in 2016 and whistled at the 1-2 home defeat to Lyon in 2018.
The other Wednesday game involving Lyon and Juventus will be officiated by Spaniard Gil Manzano with the VAR booth being manned by Martínez Munuera.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: is a deal possible if not settled by Friday?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: why is Arizona receiving praise from the White House?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV...
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: Champions League preview
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is the bonus for Social Security retirees?
- MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID | ZIDANE "Gareth Bale preferred not to play" - Zidane