George Clooney interested in buying Málaga CF
Small Shareholders Association president Antonio Aguilera confirmed that Al-Thani is in negotiations to sell off his stake in Málaga with a group associated with the actor.
Small Shareholders Association (APA) president Antonio Aguilera explained to Canal Málaga that an American company is interested in buying Abdullah Al-Thani's stake in Málaga. Aguilera said that the club owner is looking to sell his shares for 100 million euros. Contact has been made and it has emerged that the group has business links to Hollywood actor George Clooney. "They are in negotions", sources have told AS.
Aguilera continued, "There is a powerful production company here in Málaga, they want to turn Málaga into the 'European Hollywood' and they are filming series here on the south coast for Amazon and are already negotiating with the club. However, they do not want to pay the crazy sum Al-Thani is asking for. A fortnight ago, he was asking 100 million euros for Málaga. What they are prepared to offer is much more than the amount he paid for the club (36 million euros) and talks are ongoing. On Friday, they called the Americans to say they were willing to negotiate”.
As far as we understand, the American company, should they be successful in gaining a controlling stake in the club, hope to start filming a 24-hour production centred around the club - something similar to The Truman Show… However, it won't be a simple operation because Málaga is currently in administration and there is also the ownership case involving Al-Thani and hotel chain BlueBay.
There is also another important issue. For the sale of Málaga CF to go through, the Al-Thani family would first have to pay the 5.5 million euro judicial bond mandated by the court in its decision to remove them from their management duties at the club and is a similar figure to the amonut of debts the family has run up in personal loans.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNITED STATES USA elections 2020 live online & coronavirus: Trump - Biden, polls, stimulus checks & latest news
- FOOTBALL Jorge Jesus was a better coach than José Mourinho - Julio César
- LIGUE 1 PSG: Mbappé's future is already mapped out and that's sad - Rami
- Manchester United It's down to me to show the real Anthony Martial - Man Utd forward aiming to rediscover form
- FOOTBALL Bayern: Coman wants another treble, but this time with fans
- JUVENTUS-BARCELONA Arthur-Pjanic swap deal isn't going to plan in Turin or Barcelona