Thiago Silva and Ander Herrera to miss Borussia Dortmund return leg
Paris Saint-Germain have been dealt a double injury blow, with Thiago Silva and Ander Herrera set to miss Borussia Dortmund's visit.
Paris Saint-Germain will be without Thiago Silva and Ander Herrera for the second leg of their Champions League Last 16 tie with Borussia Dortmund. Centre-back Thiago Silva suffered an injury to his hamstring during the 4-3 Ligue 1 defeat of Girondins Bordeaux last Sunday and is expected to be sidelined for three weeks. Herrera, who scored on his last outing in the 4-4 draw at Amiens on 15 February, has a thigh muscle injury and is likely to be missing for between six and eight weeks.
PSG pair to miss four games
It means both players will be unavailable for the visit of Dortmund to Parc des Princes on 11 March, as PSG attempt to overturn a 2-1 deficit from the first leg. They will sit out Saturday's Ligue 1 match at home to Dijon and the league trip to Strasbourg on 7 March, as well as the Coupe de France semi-final away to Olympique Lyon on 4 March.
Thiago Silva will hope to return for the meeting with Nice on 15 March, while midfielder Herrera is unlikely to play again until April.
Thiago Silva, 35, has made 30 appearances in all competitions for Thomas Tuchel's side this season. Herrera, who joined on a free transfer last year after his Manchester United contract expired, has played 18 times for the French champions.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Bundesliga aims for May restart behind closed doors
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid agree to slash players' wage bill by €33-56m
- CORONAVIRUS Hydroxychloroquine: what is it and can it help fight Covid-19?
- Premier League Coronavirus: UEFA chief hands Liverpool Premier League title
- Premier League No Cristiano Ronaldo in the Ryan Giggs Man United XI
- Barcelona Bartomeu set to overhaul Barcelona board-room a year ahead of elections