Real Madrid: Bale makes Zidane's City squad but James misses out
The Welshman, Isco, Vincius and Luka Jovic have been included for the Champions League last 16 clash but James, Nacho and Rodrygo are excluded.
Gareth Bale has returned to Zinedine Zidane’s Real Madrid squad for the Champions League last 16 match against Manchester City at the Bernabéu on 26 February with Eden Hazard among those ruled out for the first leg. Bale was left out of the squad for last weekend’s defeat at Levante after suffering a stomach issue.
Zidane has also included Luka Jovic – who missed the Levante game for the same reason - Isco and Vinicius for the visit of Pep Guardiola’s Premier League champions as he seeks a formula to take on the former Barcelona manager in the absence of the Belgium international.
Zidane has left Nacho, Rodrygo, Brahim and James Rodríguez out of the squad.
Real Madrid squad for Manchester City
Keepers: Courtois, Areola, Altube.
Defenders: Carvajal, Militão, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo, Mendy.
Midfielders: Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Valverde, Isco.
Forwards: Benzema, Bale, Lucas Vázquez, Jovic, Vinicius.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: when is the deadline to register for non-filers?
- US ELECTIONS US elections 2020: Can I vote by mail without an excuse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho: Tottenham still "trying" to sign players
- REAL MADRID Zidane on Bale, Hazard, Odegaard, Betis, new signings...
- LIVERPOOL Klopp happy to support EFL clubs: “People in a better position should help others”