Who is Chicharito? Alexander Zverev stumped in Mexico
The German tennis player arrived in Acapulco to play the Mexican Tennis Open 2020 and upon his arrival he was clueless when reporters asked him about the Mexican footballer.
The Acapulco ATP 2020 has officially started and the biggest names in tennis are participating this year: Rafael Nadal, Stan Wawrinka, John Isner, Grigor Dimitrov and Alexander Zverev are all in Mexico ahead of the start of the tournament.
One of the highlights of the arrival of the players happened when Alexander Zverev was spotted wearing Mexico’s national team jersey, however when he was asked who his favorite player from Mexico was he was unable to come up with a name, leading several reporters to shout "Chicharito!" at him, to which he answered:
“Everyone is yelling 'Chicharito' but I don’t know what that is. Is he from Acapulco or somewhere close? I ask because we have a lot of great players in Germany even though Mexico beat us in the last World Cup.”
Zverev waiting to debut in Acapulco
The German tennis player will make his debut in Acapulco’s ATP in a doubles match alongside his brother Mischa against Nicholas Monroe and Jackson Withrow from the United States. After that match he will play in the singles tournament when he will face Jordan Thompson from Australia.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: how long does it survive on objects and surfaces?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: 10,000 health workers in Spain have contracted Covid-19
- CORONAVIRUS Praying with the Pope, 'Urbi et Orbi' during coronavirus
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: 7 types of human coronavirus
- Covid-19 'The Flu', 'Pandemic' and other coronavirus related films on Netflix
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's quarantine period comes to an end