Barcelona: Piqué limps out of Napoli tie with Clásico in doubt
Piqué limped out of the Napoli game late on and is a doubt for the Clásico on Sunday night as Barcelona's poor squad planning continues to haunt them.
Gerard Piqué is a major doubt for Sunday's El Clásico after limping out of the Napoli game on Tuesday night.
In the final stages of Champions League Round of 16 (first leg) tie in Naples, Piqué fell awkwardly and immediately called to the Barça bench for assistance.
French international Lenglet replaced him and the defender looked to be in some pain a he hobbled from the San Paolo pitch.
Jordi Alba is already out for the Bernabéu clash, along with longer term absentees, Ousmané Dembélé and Luis Suárez. Barcelona are thin on replacements and if the Catalan defender fails to be fit for the game, everything points to Setien pairing Lenglet and Umtiti in the central defensive roles in the Spanish capital.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics are returning in Tokyo 2021?
- NFL NFL's new Covid protocol has Hopkins considering retirement
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021: competition schedule: dates, times, events, sports
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING When did Michael Phelps retire? How many medals did he win?
- CORONAVIRUS How dangerous is the delta variant to children and young people?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?