Barcelona: Piqué limps out of Napoli tie with Clásico in doubt
Piqué limped out of the Napoli game late on and is a doubt for the Clásico on Sunday night as Barcelona's poor squad planning continues to haunt them.
Gerard Piqué is a major doubt for Sunday's El Clásico after limping out of the Napoli game on Tuesday night.
In the final stages of Champions League Round of 16 (first leg) tie in Naples, Piqué fell awkwardly and immediately called to the Barça bench for assistance.
French international Lenglet replaced him and the defender looked to be in some pain a he hobbled from the San Paolo pitch.
Jordi Alba is already out for the Bernabéu clash, along with longer term absentees, Ousmané Dembélé and Luis Suárez. Barcelona are thin on replacements and if the Catalan defender fails to be fit for the game, everything points to Setien pairing Lenglet and Umtiti in the central defensive roles in the Spanish capital.
Te recomendamos en English
- NASCAR CUP SERIES Who is Jimmie Johnson, the NASCAR driver who tested positive for coronavirus?
- USA | July 4th How old is America on July 4th 2020 and what was its population when founded?
- LALIGA Villarreal vs Barcelona: how and where to watch - times, TV...
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League: Bayern, Man City clear favourites, says Klopp
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today, July 5th
- NASCAR NASCAR: Which cars will have ‘Trump 2020’ on the hood?