Barcelona: Piqué limps out of Napoli tie with Clásico in doubt
Piqué limped out of the Napoli game late on and is a doubt for the Clásico on Sunday night as Barcelona's poor squad planning continues to haunt them.
Gerard Piqué is a major doubt for Sunday's El Clásico after limping out of the Napoli game on Tuesday night.
In the final stages of Champions League Round of 16 (first leg) tie in Naples, Piqué fell awkwardly and immediately called to the Barça bench for assistance.
French international Lenglet replaced him and the defender looked to be in some pain a he hobbled from the San Paolo pitch.
Jordi Alba is already out for the Bernabéu clash, along with longer term absentees, Ousmané Dembélé and Luis Suárez. Barcelona are thin on replacements and if the Catalan defender fails to be fit for the game, everything points to Setien pairing Lenglet and Umtiti in the central defensive roles in the Spanish capital.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Bundesliga aims for May restart behind closed doors
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid agree to slash players' wage bill by €33-56m
- CORONAVIRUS Hydroxychloroquine: what is it and can it help fight Covid-19?
- Premier League Coronavirus: UEFA chief hands Liverpool Premier League title
- Premier League No Cristiano Ronaldo in the Ryan Giggs Man United XI
- Barcelona Bartomeu set to overhaul Barcelona board-room a year ahead of elections