Kepa's Chelsea situation gives Luis Enrique a headache
The Spanish goalkeeper has not featured for Frank Lampard's side since the draw against Arsenal on 21 January, giving his national team coach the blues.
Kepa Arrizabalaga saw his fifth consecutive game for Chelsea absent from the starting line-up, and this has alarm bells ringing at Spanish HQ.
Spain's number one dilemma
The Spanish goalkeeper missed out on the Champions League drubbing by Bayern Munich on Tuesday night and this followed starts for Willy Caballero in big Premier League games against Spurs, Man Utd and Leicester City, as well as one in the FA Cup against Hull City.
His last start came in the 2-2 draw at home to Arsenal on 21 January and now Luis Enrique has to make a decision on who his first choice will be for Spain, ahead of this summer's European Championships.
Since the start of the season in England, Kepa had been the undisputed man between the sticks, featuring in every minute of each of the first 24 matches, missing only early rounds of the domestic cups. What Frank Lampard chooses to do with the world's most expensive goalkeeper will surely form a major part of the Spain dilemma.
With David de Gea's questionable form at Manchester United, and Roma's Pau López next in line, it's an area of concern for a nation that will be seen as a contender for the continental crown.
Te recomendamos en English
- Opta stats Diabolical defending: Europe's top five leagues in 2019-20
- International UEFA suspends Champions League 'until further notice'
- LIVERPOOL Birthday Boy Brewster could be the answer for Klopp
- Nubel will learn behind Neuer at Bayern Munich, says Kahn
- Real Madrid Real Madrid's Dani Ceballos needs 'importance' at Arsenal
- REAL MADRID | SAGNA Sagna: "I see Pogba closer to Juventus than Real Madrid because of Cristiano"