"Sergio Ramos should not have had red card" - Iturralde
For our resident referee, consistency in decision making was missing with two key moments involving the Madrid captain and Gabriel Jesús.
Sergio Ramos saw a straight red card for what was deemed a professional foul on Gabriel Jesus in the closing stages of the Champions League first leg. But it wasn't a clear cut decision according to our former referee.
Ramos red not consistent
Eduardo Iturralde, our resident referee speaking on Spanish station Cadena SER, doesn't believe that the Real Madrid captain should have been sent off.
"For me it is not necessary. Gabriel Jesús was looking for it and fell over. If City's first goal is not a foul [when Jesús nudges Ramos before scoring] then neither is this one."
🎙️Vinicius— El Transistor (@ElTransistorOC) February 26, 2020
"Todo el mundo sabe que Gabriel Jesús hizo falta a Ramos, siempre pitan contra nosotros"
"Claro que se puede remontar" pic.twitter.com/gcrGhU4XWa
After the match, Vinicius Jr gave his view.
"Everyone knows that Gabriel Jesus fouled Ramos. The decisions always go against us."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- Unemployment Benefits Why are recipients seeing unemployment benefits cut?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: how many people are still waiting for it?
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL Derek Chauvin trial: can he appeal the sentence?
- SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: interview Florentino Pérez, ten clubs withdraw, reactions, UEFA, clubs
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: Manchester Utd fans break into training ground in anti-Glazer protest